- Tailor made camper-van conversion firm Benchmark Vehicles designed the Leithaus camper when business was booming throughout the coronavirus pandemic.
- The pop-best 2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter camper van — crafted for a medical professional — has two beds, a passenger bench that can transform into a further mattress, a kitchen area, two tables, and a garage, to title a couple features.
- All of these top quality bells and whistles provide the overall price of the van to $275,000, such as the rate of the 170-inch Sprinter chassis.
- Benchmark Autos expanded its floor house twice through the coronavirus pandemic to raise creation output, Leland Gilmore, founder and operator of Benchmark Motor vehicles, advised Company Insider in an email job interview.
- Like numerous camper-van firms right now, Benchmark Motor vehicles has been so well-known, the van conversion company is booked out for 2021 and now has a 30-particular person waitlist for its 2022 build schedule.
- Stop by Enterprise Insider’s homepage for far more stories.
Tailor made camper-van conversion organization Benchmark Vehicles made the Leithaus camper van on a 170-inch 2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter whilst its company was booming in the course of the coronavirus pandemic.
The Leithaus is only just one illustration of the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter or Ford Transit-based custom camper vans Benchmark Cars can develop. But not like other Benchmark vans, the Leithaus has a pop-prime roof, a vinyl wrap with additional exterior finishes, and many lounging and sleeping spots, in accordance to Leland Gilmore, founder and owner of Benchmark Automobiles.
Like other camper-van conversion companies, Benchmark Automobiles noticed a surge in public desire for the duration of the coronavirus pandemic, starting up in Might. Due to the fact then, the firm’s figures have been remarkable. In accordance to Gilmore, the company boosted 300% in 2020 compared to 2019. And this advancement has stayed resilient during the year: Benchmark went from a 6-month lead time in June, to an 18-thirty day period lead time in Oct.
Browse additional: Ryan Murdock put in a 10 years in the semiconductor business before amassing a actual estate portfolio with 50 rental units. Here’s why he’s scooping up swaths of mobile houses following yrs of apartment investing.
To meet the calls for of the camper-van growth that has rippled across the marketplace, Benchmark Motor vehicles experienced to grow its flooring house twice through the coronavirus pandemic. On the other hand, every extra “construct slot” the organization posted as a final result of its enlargement has currently been filled.
As a outcome, Benchmark Cars now has a thoroughly booked 2021 agenda, as well as a likely hectic 2022.
“The waitlist for 2022 builds is previously around 30 persons very long, even with the understanding that we will not be ready to get started their make for a minimal of 18 months,” Gilmore advised Business Insider in an e mail job interview.
This 30-person waitlist is currently more than the corporation can accommodate in 2022, and it is the to start with time Benchmark has desired to continue to keep a waitlist for new customers, in accordance to Gilmore.