- On Discord, “Idle” status generally indicates that the person has Discord open up on their computer or internet browser but hasn’t looked at it in a although.
- If you want to manually modify your status so you look idle while nevertheless searching Discord, you can do so by tapping your profile photograph and altering your status.
- Visit Small business Insider’s Tech Reference library for a lot more stories.
If you usually use the Discord messaging platform, you’ve got almost certainly discovered that sometimes specific Discord end users will appear as “Idle” as a substitute of on the net or offline.
What ‘idle’ suggests in Discord
In the context of Discord, an idle consumer position implies that the user in concern has not logged out of Discord, but has not looked at or interacted with Discord for a number of minutes.
If you are acquainted with the term “AFK” (Absent From Keyboard), Discord’s idle standing is primarily the similar issue. Most Discord end users are instantly proven as idle when they have Discord open up in their computer or browser but have not appeared at it in a when.
However, there is a way to established your Discord standing to idle manually — here’s how.
How to manually set your Discord position as “Idle”
1. Open up Discord and log in to your account if prompted.
2. In the base still left corner of your screen, click on your profile picture.
3. A little menu will look, listing different person statuses. Simply click on “Idle.”
4. Now, your consumer status will seem as idle quickly, even if you are currently lively on Discord.