NordVPN is a well-liked VPN support that supports a broad selection of locations and servers, has a stringent no-logging coverage, was audited two times in the previous two many years, and comes with a ton of extra characteristics that you may possibly use when you are a subscriber.
One of these characteristics is that so-named specialty servers are out there that people may well link to. These connections perform identical to standard server connections. Just pick out a form of specialty server to connect to it.
NordVPN supports four styles of specialty servers:
- Double VPN — like a solitary link to a server, but a single that is chained to a further VPN server in a different state. The website traffic is encrypted 2 times strengthening security and anonymity in the method.
- Onion about VPN — this kind sends site visitors by a VPN server and then by the Onion community.
- Dedicated IP servers — accessible to consumers who procured a committed IP tackle.
- P2P servers — servers that allow for P2P visitors.
Some NordVPN consumers might only see some specialty servers when they are utilizing the shopper. P2P and Onion in excess of VPN might be presented, but Committed IP and Double VPN may well not be stated at all under specialty servers.
The explanation is uncomplicated: the supported specialty servers count on the selected protocol. NordVPN supports various protocols that you may possibly use to build VPN connections. The NordLynx protocol, based on WireGuard, is a contemporary VPN protocol that claims greater security and efficiency. You will see that connections are around-prompt with NordLynx, though they take a handful of seconds with OpenVPN, the other protocol that NordVPN supports.
Just one downside to using the NordLynx protocol is that it lacks assistance for all specialty servers. You can choose P2P and Onion around VPN, but neither Committed IP nor Double VPN specialty servers are supported at the time of writing.
Tip: check out out our NordVPN configuration tips below.
If you have to have to use all those, you need to have to switch the protocol to OpenVPN in the choices. Listed here is how that is done on Windows:
- Decide on the options button in the title bar of the NordVPN application.
- Swap to Car-Hook up in the Configurations menu.
- Disable “Decide on a VPN protocol and server immediately” so that it reads off.
- Change the VPN protocol from NordLynx to OpenVPN (both UDP or TCP).
- Click on on the back button in the leading remaining corner.
Carrying out so switches the protocol to OpenVPN, and that lists the missing specialty servers in the server link listing on the key website page.